Job Description – DevOps Engineer
Location: Vancouver, BC or Remote USA/Canada
To build functional systems that improve customer experience we are now looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer. They will be responsible for managing hybrid cloud and edge computing-based software delivery and the software deployment lifecycle. Their responsibilities will also include identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet our customers' needs.
Bonus: A solid background in software engineering and are familiar with Python/Go or other programming languages.
- Take over maintenance of existing/legacy edge indexer deployments - Ubuntu LTS + Indexer software.
- Synchronize deployments of software and collaborate with software engineers to regularly do version updates.
- Setup monitoring and observability pipelines for all product software systems
- Manage VM based deployments for newer sites.
- Develop and incrementally improve CI/CD processes via collaboration with software engineers.
- Integrate security checks and automation via collaboration with IT management.
- Building and setting up new development and monitoring tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Provide Level 2 technical support
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
Skills and Qualifications
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Working experience in managing remote distributed computing systems
- Proficient in computer networking, interconnectivity, secure protocols
- Proficient in AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud operations and possesses working knowledge of AWS services
- Proficient with git, git-ops, and git workflows
- Good knowledge of Ruby or Python
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Problem-solving attitude and collaborative team spirit
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
- Experience with software customer success management
- Experience developing engineering applications
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com